Easy & Simple Sugar Cookies
As the holiday decorations start appearing in our malls and the Christmas tunes start playing on the radio, it doesn’t take long to get caught up in the excitement of Christmas and the holiday season. One easy way to get your family in the spirit is to spend the day at home baking sugar cookies and drinking your favorite warm drink. Not only is this a great activity for kids and adults, it is also a fun project that leaves you with delicious results. So gather up the family, put on a movie and follow the recipe below to make your very own, and very easy, sugar cookies:
Easy & Simple Sugar Cookies:
- 2 Cups Of Flour + 3/4 Cup Of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Baking Powder
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Of Sugar
- 1 Cup Of Butter, Soft
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Teaspoon Of Vanilla
- Sprinkles & Your Favorite Icing Recipe (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar until completely smooth. Once creamed, mix in the egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Slowly, add in dry ingredients to the wet mixture, blend until mixed together.
- Once the dough is ready, roll into small balls and place the cookies evenly spaced on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake sugar cookies for 7-12 minutes or until golden brown, watching closely. Once the cookies are baked, let them cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- If you choose, once cool you can add icing and sprinkles for some extra decoration!
Lastly, serve your cookies with a cold glass of milk in front of your cozy, warm Valor Fireplace and watch the flames flicker. For more information on Valor Fireplaces, please visit us here.