The Christmas season has been moving along quickly this year as tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Tonight and tomorrow, you may be spending time with family, prepping the last few gifts for the tree or just relaxing in front of your Valor Fireplace with your family. Whatever you’re doing over the next few days, have you decided on a special breakfast for Christmas morning? It can be such an exciting day full of family time and new memories, it can be easy to forget to eat! The good news is, there is an easy way to get Christmas morning breakfast on the table and it won’t take too much time out from the celebrations and fun. Check out the recipe below for an easy and tasty meal to whip up on Christmas morning for the whole family:
- 5 Cups Of French Bread, Cubed
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Of Milk (Any kind or Eggnog for richness)
- 4 Tablespoons Of Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Of Vanilla Extract
- Cinnamon And Or Nutmeg (To Taste)
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°. While the oven is heating, grease an 8×8 glass pan with butter. Next, add your bread cubes to the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, milk, 2 of the 4 tablespoons of sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Mix until combined, then pour the liquid mix onto the bread and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine the rest of the sugar with the seasonings of your choice (nutmeg, cinnamon etc.) and sprinkle it over the top of your french toast casserole.
- Bake in the oven for 45 mins or until the top is golden brown. Let cool and serve with maple syrup!
We Wish You A Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year From The Valor Family!