Maintaining Your Valor Fireplace
With each Valor gas fireplace comes an important step of routine maintenance for things like glass cleaning. We want to ensure that each fireplace user is fully aware of all of the features and maintenance required to maximize the service life of your fireplace. By scheduling routine maintenance, you ensure a safer and more efficient fireplace for your family for years to come!
Maintaining Your Fireplace
A fireplace surface, especially the glass viewing window, become extremely hot during operation. At full capacity a Valor gas fireplace can get over 500°F and will remain hot even after the fireplace is turned off for a period of time. All Valor models now come equipped with safety screens, but for an even safer approach we would suggest an aftermarket safety gate to keep toddlers and young children away from the fireplace.
- First and foremost – Read your owners manual and follow all instructions and warnings.
- If your fireplace has been on recently – Do not touch any part of the fireplace while it is hot! Let the fireplace cool before cleaning it.
- Mineral white film on glass – Clean the glass regularly if this occurs, if it is left you risk it being etched into the glass. Note that you should NEVER use an abrasive cleaner on the ceramic glass. Use a soft damp cloth to apply the cleaner (recommended cleaners: Brasso, Polish Plus by Kelkem, Cook Top Clean Creme by Elco, White Off by Rutland, Turtle Wax).
- Barrier Screens – All barrier screens can be dusted off with a soft brush.
- Cast Iron – Cast iron parts can be brushed clean, while enamelled cast iron parts can be cleaned with mild soap and water.
- Fireboxes & Burner – Any dust can be brushed from the ceramic logs/rocks and firebox walls after removing the front unit and opening the window. Ensure no particles are brushed into the slots of the burner.
- Glass Beads – Dishwasher safe! Ensure they completely dry when putting back.
- Steel Surrounds & Trims – Mild soap and warm water on cooled surfaces only. Any alcohol/solvent base cleaner will weaken the coating and damage it.
For more information on fireplace safety, maintenance and more please visit the Valor Fireplace Safety page.