How To Make Zesty, Guacamole
Over the last few weeks, we have been talking about all things summer. Between finding the perfect lights for your outdoor space, or creating fun DIY projects that are perfect for this summer, it’s getting everyone in a summer mood! So to keep up that theme, we are talking about a perfect summer side dish that you won’t be able to do without: Zesty Guacamole! Not only is it a crowd favorite, it is great to serve on a hot summer night with a side of tortilla chips or as a side for a Mexican themed dinner. Check out the recipe and instructions below to make your own summertime, zesty guacamole:
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Tablespoon Of Lemon Or Lime Juice
- 1.5 Tablespoons Of Chopped Onion (Any kind you prefer: red, green etc)
- 1 Tablespoon Of Cilantro
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
- Greek Yogurt/Sour Cream (Optional)
- Begin by slicing your avocado in half and remove the large seed. Once removed, cut the avocado straight and then across and scoop into a bowl.
- Next, mash your avocado into your bowl. Once mashed, add lemon or lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Stir once to combine.
- Once combine, add in your onion and cilantro. You can also add peppers or hot sauce at this point if you like more spice. For a milder spice, add 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic.
- From here, your guacamole can be sealed tight and stored in the fridge or served fresh which is what we suggest for best results!**If you prefer a more creamy guacamole, consider adding 1-2 tablespoons of sour cream or greek yogurt. This is also an excellent way to extend your guacamole for a larger group.
What is your summer go to recipe? Share it with us in the comments below!