Homemade Apple Chips
As the early signs of fall start creeping in, you might find yourself bundling up in a jacket and heading for the warmth of your Valor Fireplace. But what about snacks for the Fall season? Well, apples are one of the best fruits to use and eat over the next few months as they start to reach the peak in the season. So what better way to celebrate fall than to use up your apple supply by making delicious and easy baked apple chips.
Read below to learn how to make your own chips and impress your friends and family at your next get together:
- 2-6 Apples (depending on how many you would like to make)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Of White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Of Cinnamon , Nutmeg or any other spice you prefer
- Start by preheating your oven to 250 degrees. While the oven preheats, slice your apples into large slices.
- Once sliced, lay all apples out on a metal baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together all dry ingredients to make a nice coating mixture. Once mixed well, sprinkle the mix over all apples, flip and repeat.
- Once the apples are covered, place in the oven for about 40-60 minutes, checking periodically. The edges should be a nice brown and should be slightly curled up.
- Remove from oven and lay on a cooling rack for at least 20 minutes. Once cool, serve and enjoy!