Homemade Dryer Sheets
It’s no surprise, prices everywhere continue to rise day after day. Whether it happens in the grocery store or at the gas pump, it can be hard to fight against the ever rising costs of everyday life. However, when it comes to home products or items there is a way to save some money and not sacrifice the quality. In fact, you might even find you prefer making certain products at home instead of buying them retail. One example of a product you can purchase in store or make yourself is dryer sheets! Not only are these easy to make in house, you will know exactly what ingredients goes into them and you will save the cost of buying them monthly in the store. Check out the instructions below to make your own homemade dryer sheets:
- Cotton Cloth Or Material (Old t-shirts work great)
- Essential Oils (Any work, suggested: Lemon, lavender, orange, mint etc.)
- Jar or storage container
- Start by cutting your cotton material in to 3-5 inch squares to create the base for your dryer sheets.
- Next, combine your essential oils in a small bowl. You can use different combinations to create a mix of scents.
- Once you have your liquid ready use an eye dropper and place 3-5 drops on each cotton square.
- You can now layer them in a tall jar or container and use 1 per drying load. After a few washes, you will notice the scent begins to fade. Once this happens, simply mix up another scent combination and repeat the process.
Not only will these save you money, you’ll have wonderful smelling laundry that is static free!