When you think of holiday treats, the options can be almost endless between cookies, cakes and pies. But usually you’ll find holiday shortbread is at the top of the list when it comes to Christmas and the winter months. This flaky, delicious cookie is a family favorite that has been baked around the world for many, many years so no wonder these treats are so popular. But instead of spending your money in store and picking up a box, why not make your own batch at home? Not only is it easy to do, you can get the whole family involved and finish off your day by enjoying them in front of your roaring Valor Fireplace. Keep reading to learn how to make your own quick and easy shortbread cookies:
- 1 Stick or Cup Of Butter (Softened)
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Cups Of Flour
- 1/2 Cup Of Icing Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Of Salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and set out a baking tray for your shortbread.
- While the oven preheats, whip the butter with an electric stand/hand mixer until fluffy and soft.
- Next, add in the sugar, flour and cornstarch mixing by hand with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Once all ingredients are together, beat all ingredients with your mixer on high for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Finally, grab your ungreased baking sheet and drop your shortbread mix on to the sheet using a spoon.
- Bake the shortbread for 10 minutes or until golden brown, watching closely as they can burn easily.
These cookies are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven and in front of your Valor Fireplace with friends and family.