DIY Bath Bombs
Is there anything better than coming home after a long day and soaking away all of your stress in a warm bath? We don’t think so, but we like to think there is one way to make your bath extra relaxing: Bath Bombs. These little balls pack a punch of fizzy and relaxing ingredients that take your bath from normal to extra luxurious in minutes. But, the only issue is you can end up paying a lot if you like to have a bath on a regular basis, so why not create your own homemade bath bombs to save some money and cater them to exactly how you like it! This DIY is easy to do and works great for gifts or personal use, keep reading to learn how to make your own DIY bath bombs.
- 1 Cup Of Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cup Of Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Of Citric Acid (Powder Form)
- 1/2-1 Cup Of Epson Salts
- Essential Oils (Any Of Your Choice)
- Food Coloring (Optional)
- Start by combining all dry ingredients into a large bowl (except salts), mix by hand until dry ingredients are completely combined. Next, add in Epson salts and mix till combined.
- Create a well in your dry mixture and prepare your liquid ingredients. In the center of your well, add 5-10 drops of water OR until mixture becomes workable. You can always add more water, so make sure to start with less and then add as needed.
- Next, add in your essential oils in whatever combination you prefer. This is also a great time to add food coloring if you would like a colored bath bomb. Mix together until just combined.
- Mold together your bath bombs in forms of your choice. You can either use a mold to make shaped bombs OR simply roll them into a tight ball. Regardless of which option you choose, make sure to tightly compact your bath bombs to prevent cracking and proper setting.
- Lastly, let your bombs dry in a cool dark area for at least 24 hours. If more drying time is needed, removed from molds and let them air dry. Otherwise, store your bath bombs in a sealed container and use to your liking! These bath bombs work best in extra warm-hot water, so make sure to get extra cozy in your next bath and try out your creation.