5 Ways To Stay Healthy This Year
The wintertime can be tough, no matter where you live in the world. The cold temperatures, whipping winds and constant rotations of friends and family being sick can really affect how you feel. So, why not be proactive and try to stay healthier and happier this year with a few simple steps! It won’t take much to try to stay healthier and if you do find yourself getting sick, these practices can help you bounce back quicker and get back to the things you love like decorating your home or curling up next to your Valor Fireplace. Keep reading to find out 5 ways to stay healthy this year:
- Drink More Water: It may seem like a no brainer to drink water right? Well, even though it’s something we do almost every day, most adults don’t drink enough water during the day which can lead to dehydration, lower immune system and generally tiredness. It is suggested to drink about 2 liters of water per day to keep yourself hydrated and feeling good! This can help reduce stress and boost energy on a regular basis, so it’s really a win win right?
- Stretch: Stretching is such an easy activity to work into your everyday routine as it can promote good circulation and help you feel more alert and awake everyday. We suggest spending some time researching what stretches work best for you and or focus on certain areas that get extra sore. If you can work a small session of stretching at the beginning and end of your day, you will notice just how great and energized you feel without doing much at all.
- Wash Your Linens: The fact that washing your linens more regularly can lead to better health, may surprise you! But it makes sense if you think about how much time we end up spending in bed for sleep. So, to keep ahead of the curve make sure to wash your sheets, blankets and duvet’s every few weeks with a big wash cycle once a month. This will keep on top of any dust mites that might be crawling around and will keep germs at bay. Also, whenever possible let your lines dry outside for fresher results and extra cleanliness.
- Get Moving: Getting your heart rate up and your body moving is one key component to staying healthy and strong. Now, while it may seem overwhelming to work exercise into your daily schedule, it can be easier than you think. Consider taking a brisk walk after work each day, chasing the kids around in the backyard or even speed cleaning when the house needs an overhaul. Whatever you decide to do, find ways to make exercise fun and you can even involve the whole family to get some quality time in as well!
- Turn Off The Electronics: Now this may be the hardest suggestion on this list, but it can make a big difference in the long run. As a society, we’re constantly surrounded by screens and technology, so much so it can be hard to get away from it. So try to make a routine of turning off the electronics 1-2 hours before bed or in the evening. Not only will your brain and eyes thank you, you’ll have an easier time winding down and relaxing as you end your evening. To get everyone involved, make it a family wide rule and spend the time together reading, talking about your day or just simply spending time doing something you love that doesn’t include electronics.
What are your best ideas for staying healthy throughout the year? Share them with us below!