Homemade Chocolate Bark
When your sweet tooth craving hits, you are usually looking for something quick and easy to fulfill that craving. So what better, then whipping up some homemade chocolate bark! It won’t take long to make, can be made in big or small batches and is great to share with the whole family, that is if you feel like sharing. This chocolate bark is a great add-on to ice cream on a warm day or you can serve it own and enjoy it in front of the flickering flames of your Valor Fireplace. Keep reading to find out how to create your own delicious homemade chocolate bark:
- Saltine Crackers
- 1 1/2- 2 Cups Of Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Of Butter
- 1 Cup Of Brown Sugar
- Start by preheating your oven to 350° and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make sure the paper covers your tray.
- Next, lay out your saltine crackers with the salt side up! Depending on what size serving of “bark” you need, you can reduce the needed amounts by half.
- In a small pan, combine butter and brown sugar and melt over medium heat, stirring constantly. When your mix is ready, it should start to turn into a caramel like substance and smooth out. This process can take about 5-8 minutes.
- When your sugar is ready, spread it over your saltines as evenly as possible. Once spread, pop your tray in the oven for about 5 minutes or until top is bubbling.
- Once cooked in the oven, let the base of your bark cool. While the bark cools, melt your chocolate chips in the microwave in 25 second intervals or by using the double boiler method. Once melted, pour your chocolate over the base of your bark and spread evenly.
- Lastly, once your bark has been put together, let it cool in the fridge for one hour. Break apart and serve! This is great for any size crowd as it can be tailored to your needs. This would also be great for Valentine’s Day if you’re looking for a sweet treat!