How To Make Homemade Pumpkin Soup
Fall is slowly but surely turning into Winter, but before Fall comes to a close why not soak up the rest of the season by making a delicious pumpkin soup? Pumpkin soup is a smooth, yet hearty soup that is easy to make and uses some great seasonal ingredients that bring on a nice bold flavor. You’ll need a few basic ingredients, a little bit of time and of course pumpkin! Keep reading to learn how to make your own homemade pumpkin soup and you’ll be sure to impress your family, friends, and guests!
- 4 Cups Of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Onions, Diced
- 1-2 Cloves Of Garlic, Diced
- 6.5 Cups Of Chicken Stock
- 1/4 Cup Of Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Bring the chicken stock, pumpkin, onions, garlic and salt and pepper to a rolling boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low to keep the ingredients simmering for about 30 minutes.
- Once simmered, pour the soup into a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Once smooth, return the soup to the previous pot and bring the mixture to a boil.
- When the soup has once again come to a boil, reduce heat back to a simmer for about 20-25 minutes uncovered.
- Slowly stir in heavy cream until well mixed. Once combined, your soup is ready to serve!
- Garnish with homemade croutons, parsley or serve as is.
This soup is best enjoyed when surrounded by family and while keeping warm next to your Valor Fireplace.