Holiday Gingerbread Cake
When you think of Christmas baking what is the first thing that comes to mind? For most, it’s easy to think of cookies, pies, bars, bite-sized treats or even homemade chocolate. But one of the most popular items on that list would be gingerbread and usually in the classic form of gingerbread man cookies! Now, to put a fun and exciting twist on the classic treat, why not make a holiday gingerbread cake that will feed a larger group, while bringing in those classic flavors everyone loves over the holiday season. Keep reading to find out how to make your own holiday gingerbread cake:
- 2 1/2 Cups Of White Flour
- 1/2 Cup Of Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Of Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Of Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Of Ginger (ground)
- 1 Teaspoon Of Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Of Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Of Molasses
- 1 Cup Of Hot Water
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°. While the oven pre heats, prepare your cake pan by lightly greasing it with butter or cooking spray.
- Next, use a large bowl to mix together sugar and butter until creamed. Mix in the molasses and beat in the egg until smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together all dry ingredients, stir until combined. Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until completely combined.
- Next, add in the hot water to the mixture, stirring until combined. Pour into the greased pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Use a toothpick once baked to ensure doneness. Let cool before serving.
This cake could be served as is or you can also add a cream cheese frosting to make to add decadence. This cake is great for groups, coffee breaks or enjoyed in front of your Valor Fireplace.