Homemade Lemon Muffins
Are you craving a bright spring inspired treat during these cold winter days? Well, this may be the perfect recipe for you! These lemon muffins work as a great snack or can be served as a dessert with a topping of your favorite homemade icing. However you choose to serve them, make sure to double the recipe because they will be flying off the plate before you know it. These muffins also work great if you bake them and freeze them for a later date! Keep reading to find out how to make your own homemade lemon muffins:
- 1 Full Lemon, For Zesting & Juice
- 2 Cups Of Flour
- 1/2 Cup Of Sugar (White or Brown)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Salt
- 3 Teaspoons Of Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Of Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 Cup Of Milk
- Begin by heating your oven to 400° and prepare a muffin tray with paper muffin cups and set aside.
- While your oven preheats, combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and zest the entire lemon into this bowl as well. Mix until just combined.
- In a second bowl, mix all wet ingredients together including the juice from the zested lemon.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until the mix has just blended together. The batter should still be lumpy, so avoid over mixing.
- Pour the batter into your muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, checking with a toothpick for doneness. If still undercooked, baked for 5 additional minutes.
- Let cool before serving or icing.
These muffins are best enjoyed with family and friends while enjoying the warmth from your Valor Fireplace. Visit here to learn more.