Is there a better way to welcome in Spring than to bake a bright and flavorful treat that everyone will enjoy? This zesty lemon loaf only requires a few ingredients, a little bit of time and before you know it your home will smell wonderful and you’ll have a great spring inspired treat to serve! This lemon loaf can be served immediately after baking or it can be frozen or cooled for later use and you can double the recipe if you’re expecting a large crowd. Keep reading to find out how to make your own homemade Spring lemon loaf:
- 3 Cups Of White Flour
- 2 Cups Of Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Of Salt
- 1 Cup Of Butter (Softened)
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Of Lemon Zest
- 1 1/4 Cups Of Milk
- 1/2 Cups Of Lemon Juice
- 2/3 Cup Of Icing Powdered Sugar
- Pinch Of Cinnamon
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350°. While the oven preheats, prepare one to two loaf pans by greasing the pans with melted butter.
- Next, sift together all dry ingredients into a large bowl. In a second bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar until texture is smooth,
- Separately, whisk the eggs until fluffy and combine with the butter mixture. Once the mixture has been combined, add in lemon zest.
- To that same bowl, mix in the milk until just combined. Then, add in the flour mixture slowly while combining all ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pans and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife comes out of the loaf clean.
- Prepare the glaze and pour over warm lemon loaf. Let cool slightly before cutting or let cool completely and store.