5 Things To Prepare Your Backyard For Summer
While the Spring is still here and in full bloom, it’s never too early to start thinking about Summer and your backyard or outdoor living space. Now, we’re not suggesting you break out the swim shorts and sunscreen just yet, but this is a great time to prepare your backyard for the sunny and warm months ahead. This means tackling some key tasks around the yard, in the garden, and on your patio to ensure that all spaces will be set to go when the sunshine hits. Keep reading to find out about 5 things you can do to prepare your backyard for summer:
- Prepare Garden Beds & Plant: Spring is the best time to start planting and preparing within your backyard and garden space. Come up with a plan for what plants or flowers that can be planted now and a plan for the future plants that need to be planted at a later date. Also, take the time to weed and prepare your garden beds with new soil so you have a great base to work with. This is also a great time to tackle any plants that may not have survived the winter or that need a clean up before the weather warms up.
- Care For The Lawn: The lawn is such a big part of most backyards and therefore generally needs the most care. So, why not tackle this large job now and care for your lawn before the heat of Summer takes over. This is a great time to weed, water, replant and overhaul your lawn to make sure it is tip-top shape. Don’t forget to finish all this hard work by mowing the lawn to get that grass at a great starting length for the season.
- Overhaul The Patio: Your patio will be the center of your backyard for social gatherings, quiet evenings or even just as an extension of the home. So you want to make sure it is ready for anything by preparing it ahead of time. A great way to do this is to start with the large items like the patio itself and the furniture. Power washing or general cleaning can be done to the floor or deck of the patio and will help wash away any build up and debris from over the Winter. Also, if you have patio furniture that can be washed or touched up, do this now so you won’t have to worry about it when you’re ready to relax.
- Consider Lighting & Warmth: You want to make sure your backyard area is not only comfortable but enjoyable even into the late evenings. To ensure that your space will be ready now is a good time to consider adding in any lighting into the yard and a source of heat to extend those summer nights. Lighting an outdoor area can be as easy as adding solar lights or hanging a more permanent source of lighting such as a fixture or hanging lights. As for heat, consider placing or installing a heater into the backyard area to create an extra comfortable and warm area for everyone to enjoy. You can go with something like a heating lamp, a fire pit or even something like the Valor Outdoor Series to make your backyard truly stand out. For more information please visit here.
- Plan An Exterior Home Clean: Lastly, it’s important to plan time to do an exterior clean of the home, storage spaces and anything else that might need it. Whether you choose to hand wash the areas that need it most or you choose to do a completely overhaul on the space cleaning out anything that isn’t needed and washing everything that can be washed, it will be worth it. Plan to take on this project over a few days to make sure it can be completed and don’t forget to tackle the areas like storage shed’s, windows on the home and any surfaces within the backyard.