Fireplace Safety Tips
Before we begin we should note that fireplace surfaces, in particular, the glass viewing window, are extremely hot during operation and will remain hot for a period of time after the fireplace is turned off. Please ensure your fireplace has cooled before inspecting the unit.
Barrier Screens – Included with Every Purchase
Included with your purchase, a Valor Barrier Screen is recommended at all times. Install an approved aftermarket safety barrier gate (as shown above) to keep toddlers, young children, and at-risk individuals a safe distance from the fireplace.
Important Tips to Remember
- Keep furniture, draperies and other objects at least 36″ clear from the front of the fireplace.
- Keep the remote control handset out of reach of children at all times.
- The glass on your fireplace will remain hot after the unit has been turned off (approximately 30 to 60 minutes).
- Ensure that your fireplace is completely shut off and the unit has safely cooled before performing general maintenance.
- Keep exterior direct vent wall terminals clear from vegetation growth.