Homemade Mini Donuts
There is nothing better than the smell of fresh, hot donuts as you walk around the summer fairground or around a local sporting event. But what if you could bring that smell and taste home and make your own homemade mini donuts? Not only are these yummy treats easy to make, you can bake them to avoid the mess of oil and frying. Before you know it, your home will have that familiar delicious smell and you have a homemade batch of mini donuts that can be shared with guests or family. Keep reading to find out how to make your own homemade mini donuts:
- 2/3 Cups Of Flour
- 1/3 Cup Of White Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Cinnamon (more or less depending on taste)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Of Salt
- 1/4 Cup Of Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Vanilla Extract
- 5 Tablespoons Of Butter (Softened)
- 1 Egg
- Piping Bag
- 1/2 Cup Of Sugar (White Or Brown)
- 1 Teaspoon Of Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Of Nutmeg
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350° and prepare two muffin trays by greasing the cups with butter or cooking spray.
- With a hand or stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Once combined, beat in the egg. Set aside.
- Next, whisk together all dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. In a second small bowl, mix together milk and vanilla extract.
- Combine all ingredients together by alternating the milk mixture and the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until the batter is just smooth and combined.
- Next, pour half of the mixture into a piping bag and pipe the batter into the muffin trays in a donut formation.
- Once all trays are prepared, bake for 9-12 minutes, keeping a close eye on the batter as it bakes and turns golden brown.
- While the donuts are cooling, prepare the sugar coating mixture in a small bowl. Once donuts have cooled to a warm temperature, toss the donuts in the sugar mixture to ensure even coating on all donuts.
- Serve while warm or with ice cream for a decadent dessert.