5 Tips For Staying Cool This Summer
We are currently at the peak of the Summer and the temperatures keep rising higher and higher. Unfortunately, if you’re not near a lake or a pool it can be really hard to beat the heat! It’s so important to stay cool, so check out the 5 tips below for how to stay cool this Summer:
- Create A Cooling Spray: It may sound a little wild, but you can create a spray that will cool your body temperature down and make you feel comfortable in the summer heat. All you need is:
- A Spray Bottle
- 5 Drops Of Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 Drops Of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1 Cup Of Water
- Bring Out The AC: If you have fans and or an AC unit, now is the time to break them out and cool off the home! If you are using fans, consider having several around the home to keep the cold air flowing.
- Choose Cotton: Sleeping in the Summer can be really difficult due to the heat, so it’s important to do whatever you can to keep cool. A great tip when it comes to your bedding is to go with cotton bed sheets for a cooling comfort as you sleep.
- Doors & Blinds: To keep the heat out of the home, consider closing all the doors in your home and all the blinds. This will reduce the amount of hot air entering the home and keep the interior cool and comfortable when you need an escape from the outside.
- Let The Night Air In: When the day finally comes to a close and the night cools down the temperature outside, let the air in! Open up any doors and windows that you can and let the cool night air in to cool the home overnight. Close up the windows as you head to bed and trap the cool air in the home for a cool sleep.
Pour everything into the spray bottle and give it a good shake. Spray this cooling spray on your arms and legs, but avoid contact with your face. You will feel yourself cooling off as the spray is applied.