With the holidays fast approaching, you may have neglected your fireplace until now. Taking a look at it, it may need an update. Will it be a good backdrop for those beloved family holiday photos, or a place to steer away from? Not to worry, here are some great fireplace design ideas to rescue your hearth, or help you find a totally new one.
- Adding glass doors to a wood burning fireplace not only looks good, but provides an added level of safety.
- Creating a mantle, or replacing the one already in use, can be a delicious way to elicit a whole new vibe to the room.
- Give it a facelift by repairing or replacing abused mortar and stones. Depending upon your fireplace you can also place a fresh coat of paint to disguise the years of smoke stains that have accumulated.
- Show off a creative flare by installing tile for the fireplace or surround.
- Change it out by getting a gas fireplace if you currently have a wood burning style.