The mantle of a fireplace is often neglected during the warmer months when a fire is not necessary. This is such a waste, because it provides the perfect location to create a wonderful element that would not be there otherwise.
If you don’t like the open space that is let barren during the summer try hiding it, or filling it, here’s how:
- Place a candle arrangement in the fireplace, or paint logs for a fun splash of color.
- Use artwork set in front of the opening to hide the spot which ties in with live plants or knick knacks you have placed along the top.
- Rearrange your room pull the focal point way from the fireplace. Circle your seating around a coffee table with an intriguing centerpiece.
- Place large live plants either in front of, or nearby to distract.
- Find a brilliant piece of art, a photograph, or collection display to place above the space to draw the onlooker’s attention.
- Use bright colors in the décor to pull the eye away from the mantle.