Safety Tips for Children and Pets Near Your Radiant Gas Fireplace

Safety Screen from ValorRadiant gas fireplaces are beautiful additions to any home, but part of their appeal is the heat they put off, and heat does come with some risks.  While a properly-inspected radiant gas fireplace is safe to operate, the glass front on the fireplace does get very hot and can pose a burn risk to children and pets if you don’t take measures to prevent it.  Follow these safety tips from the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association to make your fireplace as safe as possible.

  • Educate guests and family members about the hazards of the hot glass.
  • Supervise children and pets around the fireplace until at least an hour after the fireplace has been turned off.
  • Keep the remote out of reach of children to prevent accidental operation of the fireplace.
  • Put up a safety screen or barrier to keep pets and children out of reach of the glass.
With these safety measures and careful vigilance, you will be able to enjoy the beauty and warmth of your radiant gas fireplace without worry.  If you have any questions or concerns about how to safely operate your radiant gas fireplace or about installing one in your home, feel free to give Valor a call at 877-253-9485.

Speak Your Mind

*


− 3 = one