Here at Valor Radiant Gas Fireplaces, we pride ourselves in offering high-quality fireplaces that not only perform at the highest standards, but are safe for use as well. However, there are still several precautions that you should take, especially during the winter when your fireplace is more frequently used and more people are around the home.
The following are several fireplace safety tips that you should follow to keep your home safe this season:
- Make sure you have smoke alarms installed on every level of your home and that they all have fresh batteries.
- Have your fireplace inspected before using it for the first time this season.
- Never leave a fire alone, and be sure to put the fire out if you are going to bed or are leaving the home.
- Keep the area around your fireplace clear, especially from flammable objects.
- Use a screen to keep children and pets away from the hot glass.
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby in the case of an emergency.
If you have any concerns or questions about the safe operation of your radiant gas fireplace, contact your local vendor or give Valor a call at 877-253-9485.