As the temperatures continue to get colder and colder outside, we usually find ourselves leaning towards eating warm and comforting foods. One food that is absolutely perfect for cold days, is a bowl of hearty, winter chicken noodle soup. This chicken noodle soup recipe is a great option for dinner or lunch and it will make enough soup to have leftovers for the next few days. This soup is so easy and quick to make, that you won’t have to spend too much time away from the warmth of your Valor Fireplace.
Check out the recipe below and keep warm!
- 4 1/2 Cups Of Chicken Broth
- Noodles Of Your Choice
- 2 Cups Of Chopped, Cooked Chicken Breast
- 1 Cup Of Onions (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Of Carrots (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Of Celery (Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Of Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Oregano
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
**Feel free to get creative with the vegetables you have on hand! This is also a great time to use winter vegetables such as kale, squash, beans, lentils etc.
- In a medium to large soup pot, combine the broth, vegetables and all seasonings together and bring to a steady boil.
- Once your ingredients have started to boil, cover the soup and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then, add in the noodles of your choice, cover and simmer for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add in your cooked chicken breast and warm for 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve soup and store any extras for leftovers in the refrigerator. Once cooled, the soup can be frozen to save it for later.