Whether you like air popped, stove top, microwave or movie theater popcorn it’s the perfect snack for any occasion. When curling up with a movie, blanket or sitting with the family in front of your Valor Fireplace, popcorn seems to be a popular snack choice. But sometimes dressing your favorite snack with butter or salt can get a little boring, so why not shake things up? You can make fully custom, gourmet popcorn without leaving the comforts of your own home. All you need is a few ingredients for toppings and popcorn of your choice. Check out the 10 ways below to make popcorn more exciting.
- Greek: For a Mediterranean style popcorn add crumbled feta and sliced kalamata olives to your popcorn. You can also add a small amount of Greek seasoning to give it an international twist.
- Trail Mix: Make your own trail mix with popcorn as the base. Use nuts, seeds, dried cranberries, raisins and toasted pumpkin seeds for a hearty mix that is perfect on the go.
- Cinnamon Sugar: In a small bowl mix together equal parts of sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle this over the popcorn with a little melted butter for a sweet treat.
- Italian: For an Italian popcorn topping, sprinkle your popcorn with shredded mozzarella and chopped basil. This will make for more of a savory snack with a little kick (feel free to add extra seasoning of your choice)!
- Chocolate: For those looking for something more simple, take your favorite chocolate and drizzle it over popcorn. This can be done by warming it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time and stirring the chocolate mixture between cooking breaks.
- Bacon: Who doesn’t love bacon? To bring the bacon love to your bowl of popcorn, simply fry up a few pieces of bacon. Chop the bacon in small pieces and sprinkle it over the popcorn. For an extra taste add in a small amount of the drippings.
- Hot Sauce: For all those spicy loving snackers out there, this is perfect for you! For an easy popcorn topping, drizzle your favorite hot sauce right over top of your popcorn. This will give your popcorn an extra kick of spice!
- Honey: For those who may not desire the sweetest of toppings, honey is the perfect solution! Use honey as a smooth topping for your popcorn and add as little or as much as you like.
- Ranch: This favorite popcorn topping that can usually be found in theaters can be made right at home. Combine a teaspoon of dry ranch mix to melted butter and pour over your popcorn. If you prefer a stronger taste, add a bit more seasoning and a little less butter.
- Cheese: For a cheesy, warm popcorn topping, why not try adding your favorite cheeses to the mix? You can add any type of melted or shredded cheese (cheddar, parmesan, mozzarella, etc.) to your popcorn. This will give it more of a savory feel and keep you fuller for longer.
No matter what topping you try, make sure to make a big enough bowl to share with the whole family and stay warm in front of your Valor Fireplace. For more information on Valor, please here.