We have recently been experiencing beautiful sunshine and blue skies at our Valor head office in Vancouver and it’s starting to put everyone in a summer mood. As we start to feel that warm sunshine and heat creep in, it is the perfect time to create some homemade, delicious beverages to enjoy in your backyard or when you’re on the go on a new adventure. This thirst quenching lemonade can be created in a completely custom way that is bound to impress anyone you serve it too! Check out the recipe below to make your own DIY summer lemonade and beat the summer heat!
- 5-7 Lemons
- 1 Cup Of White Sugar
- 5 Cups Of Water
- Start your lemonade by creating a simple syrup. Combine the white sugar and 2 cups of water into a medium-sized saucepan, heating on medium to low.
- Heat the sugar and water until the sugar starts to melt, stirring as it heats. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and let cool.
- Next, squeeze all your lemons (about 5-7) to get 1 cup of lemon juice. Add your lemon juice and the simple syrup and 3 cups of cold water to a pitcher or serving container.
- Your lemonade is now ready! However, it can be made completely custom by adding a few fun ingredients!
- Use different combinations of lemons, limes, oranges instead of using just lemons in step 3.
- Add herbs to your pitcher of lemonade to further enhance the flavor: basil, mint, thyme, rosemary etc.
- You can also create flavor infused ice cubes to add to your lemonade with the above mentioned herbs
- Add ginger ale instead of cold water for a fizzy twist
- Sparkling water is also a great alternative if you want to use something other than regular H20!