When the sun is shining bright and the temperatures are breaking records, it’s important to keep ourselves cool! A great way to do that is to make your own ice cold treats that the whole family can enjoy. Ice cream is a fan favorite treat that almost everyone loves, so why not create your own ice cream at home? Not only is it super easy, it will only call for a few basic ingredients and hardly any effort! Check out the recipe below to learn how to make your own homemade, 2 ingredient ice cream:
- Frozen Bananas
- Peanut Butter (Or a similar alternative)
- Chocolate Chips
- Frozen Fruit (Berries work great!)
- Cocoa Powder
- Start by freezing cut up bananas in your freezer, overnight. Once your bananas are frozen, pop them into the food processor. You’ll need about 4 bananas for a few servings, increase as needed.
- Blend your bananas until they start to appear gummy like or almost creamy, you may need to scrape the sides as you go.
- At this point, you can add in any of the above optional add ins and about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter which will give you a creamy result.
- Once you have added in all your additional items, pop the lid back on the processor and blend until all ingredients are creamy.
- Once blended, you can serve right away with the toppings of your choice, or freeze your ice cream to enjoy later! This goes great as a topping for pie, cake or fresh fruit.
Do you have a favorite summer, homemade treat? Share it with us below!