With the changing of the leaves and outside temperatures dropping lower and lower, it’s easy to see that Fall has arrived. But what about the smell of Fall? That can be almost anything from cinnamon spice to the cool breeze or the scent of a crackling fire. So why not bring some of the smells of Fall into your home with a simple but wonderful DIY project. You can make scented pinecones to have in your home for decorative use with a few simple steps. Check out the instructions below to make your own DIY scented pinecones for fall:
- Pinecones (store bought or found outside)
- White Glue
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, Cardamom etc
- Large Ziploc Bag
- Start by combining all spices and dry ingredients into the large Ziploc. Feel free to use any combination you like and make enough to cover the pinecones lightly.
- Next, lay the pinecones on a sheet of newspaper. Lightly, brush white glue over the surface of your pinecones until lightly covered. Let dry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add your pinecones into the bag with the spices, seal closed and shake until all pinecones are covered with the spice mixture.
- Lay pine cones over the baking sheet covered in parchment paper or on a cooling rack and let them completely dry.
What is your favorite fall DIY project? Share it with us below!