It’s important to treat yourself now and then, this is especially the case when the weather outside is chilly and you need to warm up! One great way to warm up is to get cozy in front of your Valor Fireplace, but if you need something a little more sweet you’re in the right place. We suggest whipping up a batch of warm drinks that the whole family can enjoy and one that won’t take too much time to make! Check out the recipe below to learn how to make your own homemade salted caramel hot chocolate:
- 2 Cups Of Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Of Cream
- 5 1/2 Tablespoons Of Cocoa
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Salt (Kosher or Table)
- 1/2 Cup Of Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Caramel Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Of Vanilla
- Start by adding milk, cream, cocoa, sugar and vanilla into a small to medium sized saucepan.
- Heat on medium to low and stir until the mixture is warm to the touch and completely smooth.
- Next, add in remaining ingredients and continue to stir until warm.
- When your mix is ready, pour into large mugs and garnish with caramel sauce and a sprinkling of salt.
- Try toppings such as mint, nuts or chocolate shavings.