There is nothing like a hot, steaming bowl of soup on a cold winter’s day. Seeing as the weather and temperatures outside continue to drop, this seems like the perfect time to whip up a batch of soup and cuddle up next to your Valor Fireplace. But before you can get cozy, you’ll need to create this delicious soup that will serve the whole family and can be frozen in air tight containers for later use. Check out the recipe below to learn how to create your own batch of savory, homemade potato soup:
- 1/2 Of A While Onion, Chopped Finely
- 3-4 Potatoes (larger in size is the best), washed, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Cup Of Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Of Butter
- 4 Cups Of Milk
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Extra spices and add-on such as: Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Oregano, Rosemary etc.
- Start by preparing your potatoes (directions above) and in a large pot, bring them to a boil.
- Once soft and breaking apart easily, strain the potatoes and put aside.
- Next, add butter to a medium pan and cook the chopped onions until golden brown, stirring regularly.
- Bring back the potatoes in the same pot they cooked in and add in the onions, flour, milk and all seasonings.
- Cook the mix until just boiling and reduced heat. Make sure to stir your soup constantly at this point to ensure great texture.
- Serve immediately and top with above suggestions. Bacon, Cheddar, Parmesan, Green Onion, etc.