When the winds are whipping outside and the temperature is cold enough to need extra layers, there is nothing we crave more than warmth after a long day. The first option would be to curl up next to your Valor Fireplace and get cozy and warm, but what about when your feeling hungry? One favorite that can be made in less than an hour is delicious, soft cornbread!
This great bread can be used as a side to savory items such as soups and chili or could be used as a dessert when smothered in jam and butter. However you enjoy cornbread, you won’t regret making this easy recipe that can feed a crowd or be frozen for later events. Check out the recipe below to learn how to make quick and easy homemade cornbread:
- 2 Cups Of Flour
- 2 1/2 Cups Of Milk (any milk will do)
- 1 1/2 Cups Of Cornmeal
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Of Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Of Oil (Vegetable or Olive)
- Start by preheating the oven to 400° and greasing your baking tray or pan with butter.
- While the oven is preheating, in a small bowl combine the cornmeal and the milk and set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine all dry ingredient together and mix well. Then, slowly add the cornmeal mixture, eggs and oil until the batter is completely smooth. Once mixed, pour the mixture into your greased baking tray.
- Once in the tray, bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Use a toothpick to check the middle, if it comes out clean it’s ready to cool.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.