Easter has finally arrived, which hopefully means that a little relaxing and quality time with friends and family is in your future. Whether you’re hosting Easter dinner, attending as a guest or having a quiet weekend at home, Easter weekend generally requires us to indulge in chocolate treats. In this case, you can make your own homemade peanut butter cups, just like you would find at your local store. The difference is you can make a larger batch (great for groups), you can customize them to exactly how you like and these cups are great when thrown in the freezer as they will keep until a later date. Once you have whipped up a batch, consider serving them as a side to your dessert or as a late night snack enjoyed in front of the flickering flames of your Valor Fireplace. Keep reading to learn how to make your own homemade peanut butter cups this Easter long weekend:
- 2 Cups Of Chocolate Chips (Milk, Dark, White, Whatever you prefer)
- 1/2 Cup Of Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Of Butter
- Icing Sugar
- Cupcake Liners
- Filling options: Coconut, peanuts, raisins, Easter candies, dried fruit etc.
- Start by melting your chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave alternating between melting for 1 minute and stirring for 1 minute.
- Once your chocolate is melted, pour a small amount into each cup, and rotate each cup to help the chocolate evenly coat the bottom.
- Once finished, freeze the liners with the chocolate for 10-15 minutes. While those are freezing, combine the peanut butter with 1 tablespoon of icing sugar, adding more, if more sweetness is needed. Mix together well until smooth.
- Once smooth, grab your chocolate from the freezer and slowly start adding a drop of peanut butter to each chocolate disk. Use your hands to warm the peanut butter and spread it evenly. This is a great time to add extras if you would like fillings in your peanut butter cups.
- Once you have added your peanut butter to each disk, simply pour the remainder of your chocolate directly over each disk. Once all of them have been covered in chocolate, let them freeze for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Serve immediately, freeze for later use or use them as garnishes on your Easter dessert! Whatever you decide, make sure to enjoy these sweet treats with someone you love.
From the entire Valor Family, we wish you a happy and safe Easter weekend.