Summer is just around the corner and that means it’s time to start testing out some new drinks before the sunshine shows up for good! A great drink choice for the Summer is lemonade, but that classic recipe can sometimes get a little boring, so why not shake things up a bit with a new and improved lemonade recipe. This easy to make, watermelon lemonade is not only thirst quenching, it’s a great drink to make for groups and summer parties! Check out the recipe below and make your own batch today:
- 1/2 Cup Of Lemon Juice (Fresh is best, but bottled will work)
- 1/2 Cup Of Water For Boiling
- 4 Cups Of Cold Water
- 4 1/2 Cups Of Cubed Watermelon
- 1/2 Cup Of Sugar (any kind will do)
- Start prepping your watermelon by putting all cubed pieces into a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Once watermelon has been blended, strain well.
- Next, add your sugar and water for boiling to a medium saucepan. Boil for about 5 minutes, creating a simple sugar mixture. Once sugar has dissolved, remove from heat.
- From here add simple syrup mixture, lemon juice and cold water together into a large pitcher and stir well.
- In tall glasses, add two tablespoons of the watermelon mixture and top with lemonade in the pitcher. Add ice to each glass and a garnish of mint or lemon if you prefer.
This lemonade is best enjoyed with friends or family on a hot summer night. If you prefer to serve this drink at night, try to enjoy it outdoors in front of the flickering flames of your L1 Linear Outdoor Fireplace. For more information, visit here.