When it comes to designing and decorating your home, do you constantly find yourself drawn to a certain color palette or style? This can be the way for most of us, as over time it is easy to acquire a certain taste and design style that you prefer when it comes to your homes layout and design. But when you’re ready to try something new, where do you start? Well, an easy way to update your space and add a little excitement is to add pops of color to your home! This especially works well if you find your home to have more of a neutral color scheme, as sometimes all you need a bit of color to change the look of the room! Keep reading to find out 5 tips for adding color to your home:
- Floral: For an easy and temporary solution for brightening up your space, consider floral’s either faux or fresh and use them around the home. Using flowers in your design, adds a certain amount of color and texture to your space without becoming overwhelming and can give your room a designer feel without much work. You can use fresh flowers in bright vases to add a pop to a neutral room or for a more long-term idea, consider adding in faux floral’s that can be moved around from room to room when you’re ready for a change.
- Area Rugs: Whether your home has carpet or flooring, area rugs can bring a great amount of color in, as well as warmth and comfort. Using an area rug in the main part of your home is a great way to play with color in your space and add a little extra layer of design to your space without being too upfront. Try to choose a colored rug that accents your existing pieces and don’t be afraid to get bold with what color you choose!
- Artwork: While it may seem like a no brainer to add color to your room through artwork, it can be easy to shy away from bold prints that may actually look great in your space! Not only will bold, colorful art bring in a bright pop of color to your home, it will call attention to itself to give guests and family something to focus on when they enter the room. Consider prints with reds, pinks, blues and greens to really make a statement and brighten up your design place! Also, if you haven’t had the chance check out how artwork and your Valor Fireplace work together using the new HeatShift System, read more here.
- Throw Pillows: When you aren’t sure about adding color to your space, you want to make sure you choose temporary items that can be changed out if you decide it is no longer working for you. One great way to add color on a temporary basis, isby adding in playful throw pillows to your couch or furniture that pack a colorful punch to the room of your choice. This way you can change your design as much as you would like and change out the color in your space with ease. Consider mixing different colors and shades together to brighten up your room and bring some fun into the design.
- Statement Piece: Last but not least, when you want to add some bold color to your space, why not do so with a statement piece? This can be anything from a royal blue couch to a strong red chair, but whatever you choose make sure you take the time to think about it before purchasing. This is important because it can be easier to tire of bold colors, so it’s important to find a balance between a bold punch of color and a piece that still works with your overall room on a long term basis. However, once you find that perfect piece for your room, don’t forget to accent it with smaller items around the whole room to really pull the look together.