Most people will tell you that the kitchen is the most frequented space in the entire home because it truly acts as a hub for the entire family. Because of this, it’s important that we really think about the way our kitchen feels and looks, as you want to create a comfortable yet functional space. This can be done by thoughtfully planning out the elements that go into your kitchen and adding in items that make the entire family and any guests as comfortable as possible.
Keep reading below to learn 5 key ways to create a comfortable kitchen:
- Bring In Warmth: When it comes to your kitchen space, it’s important to make sure it feels warm and inviting at all times for family members and for guests who may drop by. A great way to achieve overall warmth and comfort is to consider adding in a Valor Gas Fireplace to your kitchen or dining area, which will bring radiant heat to the room and spread it around for all to enjoy. By adding an eye-catching fireplace to your kitchen, you not only provide a level of comfort you won’t find anywhere else, it gives your kitchen a center focal point to design around.
- Create Comfortable Space: Comfort in your kitchen should be the number one concern next to functionality because if you aren’t comfortable you might find you spend far less time in the space. The best way to bring in these aspects of comfort is to do so through the furniture you choose for the space such as main items like chairs or bar stools. Also, this can be done by adding in a small nook to the kitchen to provide a close and cozy eating area to enjoy your meals and catch up on the day’s events.
- Keep It Functional: We can’t forget that even a comfortable kitchen needs to have some serious functionality to make sure it works as a cooking and preparation space as well as somewhere to spend your time. This can be achieved by making sure your kitchen has a general flow from one area to another and that you choose furniture and appliances that work well with the size of the room rather than overcrowding. Make sure to measure all areas of the kitchen before bringing in a new piece to make sure it fits appropriately and try out different layouts to find that one that works best for your room and your family.
- Add Layers: Layered items can make all difference to a kitchen or dining room space because with a few simple changes they add an extra touch of warmth and comfort. One way to add in that extra layer of comfort is to choose soft carpets or area rugs for high traffic areas such as near the base of the sink or in the main walkways. This will allow for extra padding within the busiest area’s of the kitchen and will add an extra design layer as your able to bring in bold patterns that will truly stand out without overwhelming the space.
- Mix Textures: Lastly, when you want to make your kitchen space feel comfortable consider mixing up texture throughout the whole room to create a great look. Try out different combinations of elements and textures within your decor, your linens and even within your appliances to create a truly eclectic look. This is also a great time to bring some natural items into your space such as fresh plants or flowers, to add an extra touch that pulls the kitchen and the design together.