Having trouble beating the heat this Summer? Well, with the extra hot temperatures and sunny days it can be tempting to hide inside with the air conditioner. But instead, why not embrace the Summer heat and enjoy some tasty treats at the same time! We’ve gathered 3 frozen desserts that will help you beat the heat this Summer and enjoy everything summer has to offer. These treats won’t take long to whip up and are perfect for the whole family or a gathering of guests.
Keep reading to learn how to make 3 different types of homemade frozen dessert:
4 Bananas, Sliced In Half (Lengthwise & Horizontally)
1/2 Cup Of Peanut Butter
1 Cup Of Chocolate Chips Or Baking Chocolate
1/2 Cup Of Crushed Peanuts (Optional)
- To prepare, place a popsicle stick in the bottom of each banana slice and lay on a tray covered with parchment paper. Place the bananas on the tray into the freezer and freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
- Once frozen, remove bananas from the freezer and spread a layer of peanut butter on each slice. Pop them back in the freezer for about 3o minutes or until the peanut butter has frozen.
- While the bananas are freezing, prepare chocolate in a double boiler to melt it completely. When the bananas are ready, dip each one into the melted chocolate covering completely, If you would like, you can roll the bananas in chopped peanuts for a fun add on! Place them back on the wax paper and freezer for an additional 30 minutes.
DIY Tangy Frozen Yogurt
3 Cups Of Greek Yogurt
1/2 Cup Of White Sugar
8 Ounces Of Cream Cheese
1 Teaspoon Of Vanilla
Mixed Berries Or Favorite Yogurt Topping
- Mix all ingredient in a food processor, except for your topping. Mix for 2-3 minutes at a time, removing the lid to scrape off anything that may be stuck to the sides of the processor.
- Once smooth, move your mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze the yogurt overnight for the best texture.
- Serve with warm berry mixture, melted chocolate or enjoy as is!
1 Cup Of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (4-6 Lemons)
3 Cups Of Water
1 Of White Sugar
Ice Cube Trays
- Start by creating a simple syrup, by combining sugar and water in a saucepan and bringing it to a boil. Once the syrup has gone clear, remove it from the heat.
- Let your syrup cool completely.
- Once the syrup is cool, mix it with the lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the ice-cube trays and freeze for about 1 hour.,
- Once frozen, remove from trays and blend well in a blender.
- Serve with a garnish of berries or mint, or enjoy the lemonade as is!