With Fall quickly approaching, now is a great time to start baking some delicious Fall inspired treats. One seasonal favorite that comes to mind is flavorful homemade apple bread. It’s similar to a banana bread but instead of bananas, apples are used which leaves a fantastic aroma while it bakes at home. This is a great option if you have guests on the way over or if you simply need a treat on a chilly day. This bread can be frozen after it is baked and cooled for a later date when you need a dessert quickly. Keep reading to find out how to make your own homemade apple bread:
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Of Sugar
- 2 Cups Of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Of Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Of Apples, Diced & Peeled
- 1/2 Cup Of Oil (Olive or Vegetable) OR Use 1/2 Cup Of Applesauce For Extra Flavor
- 2 Teaspoons Of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Of Cinnamon
- Add-ins: Chocolate Chips, Raisins, Walnuts Or Pecans
- Start by preheating the oven to 350° degrees, While the oven is preheating, prepare a loaf pan by greasing it with butter.
- In a large bowl, beat together all wet ingredients until well mixed. Once mixed, add in apples.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients except for the add-ins. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined. This is also the time to add in any add-ins you may want to be included.
- Pour batter into the prepped loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick and extend time if needed.
- Let cool before serving!