In the next few days, we will be celebrating the end of the year 2017 and welcoming in 2018 with open arms. But the big question this time of year is, how to celebrate this big change! We have gathered 5 great ideas that will inspire you and help bring in the new year. Keep reading to find out more!
- Celebrate At Home: If you aren’t feeling inclined to spend a night on the town, consider celebrating in the comfort of your own home. Whether you decide to cook a fancy dinner at home, order in your favorite takeout or decide to have a snack themed evening you can’t go wrong. Plan out your food, drinks and some activities to countdown the end of the year. Also, don’t forget to include comfort in your plans such as a comfortable outfit, cozy blankets and the radiant warmth of your Valor Fireplace.
- Plan A Cook-Off: If you love food, why not theme your whole night around your favorite thing! Invite a few or many friends over and plan to have a cook-off between guests. Provide raw ingredients, a few different cooking methods and see who comes up with the best meal! Take time to try every dish and designate a few friendly judges to choose a winner of the cook-off.
- Extravagant Night Out: For those who are looking to spend a night out on the town, now is the time to go all out. Choose your fanciest outfit, head out for a nice dinner and then spend the night checking out different events. Almost every local establishment has some sort of event going on so make sure to hop around and hit as many places as you can. Make sure to document the night with photos so you’ll never forget the best night of the year.
- Movie Marathon: Whether you’re in a theater seeing a double feature or at home watching 3 or 4 of your favorite movies, this is the perfect night to have a movie marathon! You have all night to cram in as many movies as you would like and it will help countdown until the clock strikes midnight, Don’t forget the necessary movie snacks such as candy, popcorn and your favorite beverage.
- Potluck Celebration: Lastly, if you want to be surrounded by friends, family and good food then a potluck is the perfect NYE event for you. Ask every guest to bring a drink and plate of food to share and enjoy the new year’s themed feast. This is a great way to try new food, be surrounded by the people you love and celebrate the approach of a new year.