We all know the best way to cool off from the summer heat is to indulge in some ice cream! So why not get creative and create your own homemade ice cream sandwiches that everyone will love and you can put your own twist on. These cooling treats are perfect for dessert or as a snack in the middle of a hot day! Keep reading to find out how to make your own homemade ice cream sandwiches:
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1 Teaspoon Of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Packaged Chocolate Cake Mix (Or whatever flavour you prefer)
- 1/2 Cup Of Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Of Dark Chocolate ChipsYou’ll Also Need Vanilla Ice Cream Or The Ice Cream Of Your Choice
- Pre heat your oven to 350° and lightly grease sheet pans with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together and to form a dough consistency.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough on to the sheet pans and bake for 10 minutes.
- Ideally, you want to take the cookies out when they are still soft for the best results.
- Let cool for a few minutes before next step.
- Finally, scoop your ice cream on to the cookie and top it with another cookie and enjoy!
Feel free to add your twist to these cookies by adding sprinkles, peanut butter, white chocolate etc.