We are in the middle of delicious berry season and what better way to use those berries than to bake them into muffins! These muffins are the perfect snack when you’re on the go or they can be served cupcake style with a layer of icing on top. Whatever you prefer, makes sure to load these muffins up with your favorite berries and enjoy the taste of summer. Keep reading to learn how to make homemade berry muffins:
- 2 Cups Of Flour
- 2/3 Cups Of Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Of Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Of Butter (Melted)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Of Vanilla
- 2 Cups Of Berries, washed and patted dry (Rasberry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Gooseberry etc)
- Start by preheating the oven to 450° and line a baking tray with paper liners, set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium-size bowl.
- Next, in a large bowl combine all wet ingredients together until well mixed and smooth. Once mixed, combine the dry ingredients with the wet.
- Fold the berries into the batter until just combined.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the liners, about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For a fun twist add icing to make them into a cupcake or simply top with chocolate chips before baking for a sweet treat.