There is nothing better than a zesty, flavourful breakfast to start your day off on the right foot. These lemon poppyseed pancakes are the perfect option for a morning on the go or a lazy Sunday morning and the best part is they can be made ahead of time and frozen for later use. Keep reading to find out how to make your own yummy batch of homemade lemon poppyseed pancakes:
- 2 Tablespoons Of Melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Of Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Of Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Of Lemon Juice (Fresh squeezed if possible)
- 1 Teaspoon Of Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Vanilla
- 1 Cup Of Flour (White or Whole Wheat)
- 1 Tablespoon Of Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Of Poppy Seeds
- In a small bowl, mix together milk, vinegar and lemon juice. Set aside and let stand for at least 10 minutes. Once the mixture has curdled, mix in eggs, butter and vanilla.
- In a separate second bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, salt, poppy seeds and lemon zest until completely combined. Once mixed together, combine the wet mixture into the dry and whisk until just combined.
- Heat up a medium to large pan, add a small amount of butter and allow it to melt completely. Pour and cook pancakes over medium heat, for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with syrup, fresh fruit or butter and enjoy! If you plan on freezing the pancakes, let them cool completely and freeze individually.