When it comes to baked goods, there are a few items that come to mind when we think of Spring or Easter, one of those crowd favorite’s is carrot cake. This cake is easy to make, is great for a big crowd and can be served with a smooth cream cheese icing. Keep reading to learn how to make a homemade carrot cake.
- 2 Cups Of Flour
- 2 Cups Of White Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Of Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Of Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Of Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Of Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup Of Oil (Vegetable Or Olive)
- 2 3/4 Cups Of Carrot (Shredded)
- 1 Can Of Diced Pineapple
- 1/2 Cup Of Walnuts
- Begin by preheating the oven to 325º. Use butter to grease a 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all dry ingredients except for the sugar. In a separate bowl, add milk, oil and eggs and mix until combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and whip mixture until completely mixed. Stir in carrots, drained dice pineapple and the walnuts.
- Pour into pan and bake for 35 minutes and allow to cool before serving.
- This cake is best enjoyed with cream cheese icing or the toppings of your choice.