As we enjoy the last few days of the Summer season and prepare to welcome the new season, nothing feels more Fall-like than a warm bowl of roasted tomato soup. Even better, this tomato soup is simple to make, easy to freeze and only calls for a few simple ingredients and some fresh produce that you most likely have on hand already.
- 2 Pounds Of Tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Of Chicken Stock
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Of Butter
- 3 Cloves Of Garlic, peeled
- 1/4 Cup Of Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 2 tbsp Of Flour
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400°
- Next, add the tomatoes and the garlic to a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil lightly. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes or until caramelized.
- Once roasted, add tomatoes, garlic and 1 cup of chicken stock to a blender and mix until smooth.
- In a large soup pot, heat butter, and cook the chopped onions until fragrant and soft. Add fresh basil and flour and 1 cup of chicken broth to the soup pot, whisk until broth is smooth.
- Pour the roasted tomatoes into the soup pot and let simmer for 25 minutes, uncovered and stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy with a topping of parmesan cheese or fresh basil.