When you’re looking to purchase a fireplace for your home, one of the most important things to consider is whether or not it will safe for the entire family.
When installing a gas fireplace into the home, safety is priority number one. Fireplace surfaces, in particular the glass viewing window, can reach temperatures of over 500°F at full capacity and will remain hot for a short period of time after the fireplace is turned off.
What are the most significant safety features a Valor fireplace has to offer?
Since 2013, every Valor gas fireplace comes factory equipped with a safety barrier screen. All Valor fireplaces undergo rigorous safety testing at our in-house CSA approved lab.
Will a gas fireplace be safe for a home with small children or pets?
The warmth of a gas fireplace can bring family and friends together, but keep in mind that close adult supervision is required when there are young children, pets or at-risk individuals in the house.
What are some home safety tips when owning a gas fireplace?
- Safety barrier screen (keep on your fireplace at all times).
- Keep the Remote Control Handset out of Reach of Children at all times.
- Ensure furniture and other objects are at least 36″ clear from the front of the fireplace.
- Fireplace glass will remain hot after the unit has been turned off for approx. 30 – 60 minutes.
- Ensure that your fireplace is completely shut off and the unit has safely cooled down.
- Yearly maintenance of your fireplace to ensure optimal performance.
- Install an approved aftermarket safety gate.
These questions and answers give you a great look into the safety and options that are included with every Valor Fireplace and will allow you to rest easy knowing your home and family are safe. For more information on Valor Fireplaces, please visit here.