When you start thinking about your favorite comfort food, what comes to mind? Whether it’s your mom’s homemade pie or your grandma’s chicken noodle soup, most of everyone has a favorite meal. One comfort food that is almost everyone loves is the classic cheddar cheese macaroni. Now you can easily pick up a pre-made box in the store, but why not try to put your twist on this family favorite! Start with the basic recipe below and add your unique blend of spices and herbs to make this classic dish your new signature comfort food meal.
- 1 Package Of Elbow Macaroni Noodles
- 1/4 Cup Of Butter
- 1/4 Cup Of Flour
- 2 Cups Of Milk
- 2 Cups Of Cheddar Cheese (Or any cheese you prefer)
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil your elbow noodles until they have reached the desired consistency or according to the package directions.
- In a separate saucepan melt your butter over a medium to low heat. Once melted, add flour, season with salt and pepper and slowly add the milk. Stir well.
- Continue to cook your sauce until it comes to a slow boil. Reduce the heat and stir in the cheese until melted. Feel free to also add any seasonings, herbs, or different types of cheese to customize your sauce at this point. Anything from basil to thyme to oregano tastes delicious in this dish. Stir the sauce until completely smooth and remove from heat.
- Drain your elbow noodles and add in your cheese sauce! You can let your macaroni sit for a few minutes to thicken and top with extra cheese before serving!