Finding cleaning products with no added chemicals and harsh additives can be extremely difficult nowadays. Not to mention, the price can be through the roof, to find products with natural, recognizable ingredients. But luckily, there is an easy, no-fuss way to create your own DIY natural orange cleaner that can be more powerful than a store-bought cleaner.
This cleaner calls for household ingredients you most likely already have on hand and a straightforward produce ingredient. Once you create this cleaner, you can use it over and over again on surfaces such as countertops, bathroom surfaces and, kitchen cupboards.
- 1-2 Whole Fresh Oranges (Lemons/Grapefruit will also work)
- Spray bottle & a container for your mixture
- Start by peeling about two large oranges, leaving the peels to one side. Try to remove as much of the white pith from the peels.
- Next, throw your peels into a tall container or glass jar. Pour the vinegar over the orange peels, until the surfaces are completely covered.
- This next part is a bit of a waiting game, but well worth it! Seal the jar tight and place it in a dark cupboard where it can sit for about a week or so. Make sure to give the jar a shake every day or so. After a week, check the jar for results. The vinegar should be a nice shade of orange, if not leave it for a bit longer.
- Once your mixture is ready, strain the liquid from the peels into your spray bottle or container. Tighten the lid and give it a vigorous shake to combine all parts.
- Last but certainly not least, add water to your spray bottle to create a full bottle of cleaner. This cleaner can now be used all around the house for removing dirt, grease and build up.