When the sun comes out, and the clouds disappear, it can get quite hot, and we haven’t even welcomed the Summer season yet! So, if you’re looking for a great way to cool down, you could make your own ice-cold treats that the whole family can enjoy.
Ice cream is a fan favorite treat that almost everyone loves, so why not create your own ice cream at home? Not only is it super easy, but it will also only call for a few simple ingredients that you most likely already have, and it will take hardly any effort!
- Frozen Bananas
- Peanut Butter (Or a similar nut butter alternative)
- Chocolate Chips
- Frozen Fruit (Berries work great!)
- Cocoa Powder
- Start by freezing sliced bananas in your freezer overnight. Once your bananas are frozen, pop them into the food processor. You’ll need about 4 bananas for a few servings, increase as needed.
- Blend your bananas until they start to appear gummy like or almost creamy, you may need to scrape the sides as you go.
- At this point, you can add in any of the above optional add-ins and about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, which will give you a creamy result.
- Once you have added in all your additional items, pop the lid back on the processor and blend until all ingredients are creamy.
- Once blended, you can serve right away with the toppings of your choice, or freeze your ice cream to enjoy later! This goes great as a topping for pie, cake, or fresh fruit.