When we see items in our home looking battered or worn, the first thought that you may think is to get rid of it and buy something new. While this would be a quick fix, it does end up costing money, and why spend money when you can give that item a new look and save some dollars? One way to rejuvenate items in the home is to use spray paint!
Spray paint has come a long way over the years with different colors, finishes, and effects, and it can take an item from drab to fantastic in no time at all. But the real question is, what items look best with a shiny new coat of paint? Well, keep on reading to read about 5 things you should consider spray painting today:
- Fixtures & Knobs: Though these features may be little, knobs and certain fixtures can sure get pricey when you need multiples for one area of the home. So instead of buying all new or replacing what you have, why not spray them with a fresh coat of paint them to give them life! This is a great way to save some money and update the look of the whole room with this little change. Consider spraying cabinet handles, knobs, and even fixtures such as door handles. For easy spraying, use an empty egg carton upside down and poke the hardware through the carton to keep them steady while you paint.
- Garden Pots: This is an excellent idea if you want to make your garden look brand new without much cost. Simply spray paint older plant pots that have seen better days with a modern, stand out color that will make them look brand new. Not only will your garden space look refreshed, but you can also change the look as the mood strikes with a fresh coat of spray paint.
- Vent & Floor Registers: You may not immediately notice the state of your vent and floor covers, but after a few years, these items start to look battered and beaten up. So why not spruce them up with a coat of paint and make them look brand new. Make sure to remove them from the floor and spray outside, so no paint fumes enter the house. You can choose to match your current design scheme or get bold and paint these registers with a funky metallic spray for a different and edgy look.
- Patio Chairs & Tables: Now that summer is here, you know you most likely will be spending a lot more time outside and on the patio furniture. However, before the relaxing starts, take a good look at your furniture and see if it needs a touch-up. Spray paint makes it easy to give new life to your outdoor items, and the bonus is you can have a unique color every season if you felt the need. Spray paint works great on wood and metal tables and chairs, so don’t be afraid to give your furniture a once over and refresh it for the summer months.
- Furniture: Last but certainly not least, when you’re on a budget crunch, spray paint can save the day when it comes to furniture in the home. All you need is a little sandpaper, spray paint, and some patience to give your home items a facelift and a new look. We love the idea of spraying items such as dressers, tables, nightstands, light fixtures as it can save you from buying a new piece and brighten up your space in a matter of a few steps.