There is nothing better than the smell of a freshly baked good, cooking away in the oven. Not only will your house smell amazing through the process, but you’ll also be able to serve and share your hard work with your family and friends. One very sharable treat that will have everyone talking is making homemade soft pretzels right from your own kitchen!
These pretzels taste just like the ones you can get at your local fair or baseball game, but without the cost, and you’ll get to put your own signature twist on them. Check out the recipe below to learn how to make fresh, homemade soft pretzels:
- 1 1/3 of Warm Water
- 3 Cups Of Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Of Active (Dry) Yeast
- 1 Tsp Of Salt
- 1 Tbsp Of Sugar
- Coarse Salt (Plus any seasonings you would like to add)
- Add on’s: Cheddar Cheese, Onion, Poppy seeds, Sugar, Cinnamon
- Start by preheating your oven to 425°. While the oven is preheating, combine together the warm water and yeast letting it stand for at least 5 minutes.
- Next, in a small bowl combine flour, sugar, and salt. Once mixed, add in the yeast mixture and use your hands to create a small, rolled ball of dough.
- Prep your next workspace with a small amount of flour and place your dough in the middle, knead your dough until smooth.
- Once the dough is smooth, you can start making your pretzel forms. You can easily keep them in a pretzel stick form or turn them into a twist if you prefer.
- Once shaped, combine 1 egg and a few drops of water together in a small bowl to create an egg wash that will be brushed over each pretzel. Finish with a sprinkle of salt.
- When the pretzels are ready for the oven, bake them for 12-15 minutes or until they start to become golden brown. Add any toppings you prefer in the cooling stage and serve!