With the summer sun shining outside, it usually calls for more dinners in the backyard and long summer nights curled up on patio chairs. But while your relaxing, you can’t forget refreshments for yourself and your guests! One snack that is a crowd favorite and can be found at most local restaurants is a refreshing salsa served with chips, crudites, or even on the side of your favorite taco dish.
This homemade salsa is just like the one you would find at your favorite local restaurant and can be created at home in almost no time! Check out the recipe below to learn how to make your own homemade salsa:
- 2 Cans of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Of Chopped Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 Clove Of Garlic (2 if you prefer extra heat)
- 1/2 Of A Onion, Chopped Finely
- 1 Half Of A Lime & A Lemon, To Taste
- Cilantro, To Taste
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor, except for the lemon, lime, and cilantro.
- Blend all ingredients until it has reached a chunky consistency, do not over blend as you will need to add in a few more ingredients.
- Once blended, open the blender and add in a squeeze of lemon and lime juice. Also, add cilantro to desired taste.
- Once again, blend everything together until you have reached the desired consistency.
- Serve in a chilled bowl and top with salt & pepper. Serve with chips, crudites, or on the side to your favorite dish.