Do you have a favorite fall treat? The options are endless between warm apple cider, homemade kettle corn, or even a warm autumn-inspired dinner dish. But when you’re craving a fall dessert, why not consider making a classic favorite that the whole family will love?
We’re talking about homemade, delicious dipped caramel apples just like you would find at your local fair or carnival. Not only are these fun treats easy to make, but you can also get the whole family involved and enjoy the results together.
- 6-8 Apples (Depending on how many servings are needed)
- Pre-Packaged Caramels (Also can be done with melted chocolate for a different twist)
- 2 Tablespoons Of Milk
- Lollipop Sticks
- Baking Tray
- Start by removing all stems from the apples and push the sticks into the center of the apples. Once apples have been prepped, lightly butter a baking sheet or use parchment paper.
- Next, prepare your caramel for dipping. Place caramels and milk into a medium-size bowl. Melt this mixture together by using the microwave or double boiler method. Melt for 2 minutes, stirring every 45 seconds. Let the mixture cool slightly.
- Lastly, dip your apples into the slightly cooled caramel, rolling the apple as you go to ensure full coverage. Once coated, place standing up on the baking tray to set completely. Wait at least 15-20 minutes before serving or until the shell has set.